Disclaimer

This blog contains some simple tips and advice from two regular guys. We're not accountants, financial advisors, or brokers, so follow, ignore, or discuss our ideas as you see fit.

Monday, October 6, 2008

The Bailout And My Second Podcast Recommendation

Posted By Paul

If anyone read my earlier post:

The Housing Crisis And My First Podcast Recommendation

Well this week there is a new podcast that is also really interesting.

It's called:

Another Frightening Show About the Economy

I have listened to part of it, and it was really interesting. I tried listening to it all, but since the material they talk about is pretty complicated I found that I couldn't work and listen to it at the same time, so the rest of the podcast will have to wait for later.

From even listening to half of it, I discovered that there are whole words of finance that I am unaware of. If nothing else, I recommended listening to the section that is 20 minutes into the podcast which talks about "Credit Default Swaps". I had never heard of this before, but this podcast in 10 minutes explained it in such a way that I felt like I understood it and I was generally freaked out about the fact that this sort of thing is going on throughout the financial world.

I wanted to post about this ASAP since currently you can download the podcast for free.

No comments: