Disclaimer

This blog contains some simple tips and advice from two regular guys. We're not accountants, financial advisors, or brokers, so follow, ignore, or discuss our ideas as you see fit.

Monday, January 14, 2008

Cost of Entertainment

Posted By Paul


I've been a member of Blockbuster Online for quite some time now. When Blockbuster launched the program the single disk program cost $9.99 and for that you could have one disk at a time and you could also take a mailed-to-you disk in to any Blockbuster store (there was one conveniently located to us) and trade it in for any in-store disk for free.


Since my wife and I like to watch movies at home this ended up being a great deal.


However, over the last few months Blockbuster has gradually changed their plan and prices. Now our plan costs $11.99 for the one disk plan and we can only exchange it in the store twice a month. This isn't a terrible plan, but it's starting to make me wonder if it's worth it.


Managing entertainment costs is something I try to keep an eye on since it's one of the most obvious ways to save a little money here and there. If the Blockbuster Online costs continue to rise I might just cancel my membership.



Is anyone else out there dealing with this?

1 comment:

Kacie said...

Threaten them! Tell them, "I'm considering switching to Netflix" or dropping them or whatever you want to say. Ask for a better rate.

And, if they can't give you a deal, consider Netflix.

See my comments to Matt in the post below for a spewing of thoughts on Comcast OnDemand.