Disclaimer

This blog contains some simple tips and advice from two regular guys. We're not accountants, financial advisors, or brokers, so follow, ignore, or discuss our ideas as you see fit.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Focus on your finances

Posted by Matt

If your financial situation needs a little attention, give blogging a try.

I used to think I spent a lot of time thinking about my financial situation, but it was nothing compared to how much I've thought about it over the past few months. Writing on each topic really makes you dig into the details and I know it is helping me get my (our) finances even more organized. Also, many of the more successful personal finance bloggers got their start by documenting the process that they used to dig themselves out from under a pile of debt.

I am hoping that I'll eventually get to take the focus off of me, though. One of my goals is to come up with a systematic set of financial rules to live by over time and automate everything as much as possible so I can just sit back and not worry about it.

Isn't that what "financial security" really means?

No comments: