Disclaimer

This blog contains some simple tips and advice from two regular guys. We're not accountants, financial advisors, or brokers, so follow, ignore, or discuss our ideas as you see fit.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Laid Off: Summary Of My Job Hunt.

Posted By Paul

Hi Everyone,

I was just going through my job hunt notes and I thought people might enjoy the 'stats' from my job hunt that I was able to compile:

Days unemployed: 28

Weeks of unemployment claimed: 2 (I was laid off on a Tuesday so that partial week's pay made me ineligible for unemployment that week, then there was a 'waiting week' before I could claim benefits).

Total recruiters I talked to or emailed: 12

Recruiters I met in person: 6

Total jobs applied for: 32 (10 through recruiters, 22 on my own)

Number of companies I never heard back from at all: 24

Companies that phone interviewed me and passed: 6

Companies that met with me in person: 2

Companies that made me an offer: 1

Wow, even I'm surprised that it essentially took 32 tries before I found one job where I liked the company and they liked me. Just goes to show that persistence is a big part of job hunting.



No comments: