Disclaimer

This blog contains some simple tips and advice from two regular guys. We're not accountants, financial advisors, or brokers, so follow, ignore, or discuss our ideas as you see fit.

Monday, February 25, 2008

A path to instant gratification

Posted by Matt

Some of our more dedicated frugalizers are probably sticklers for buying on sale. But it's painful, isn't it? You do the research and then watch the ads every week. Wait......wait......waaaaaait.......

Frustrating, huh? Well, thanks to a website called Price Protectr, you may no longer need to torture yourself.

If you buy something and then it goes on sale, some stores will refund the difference for up to 30 days. You can register purchases with Price Protectr and the site will monitor price drops (free of charge) for items from Target, Costco, Amazon, and other selected stores. You'll receive emails each time the price goes down.

I should point out that you don't necessarily have to use this site to find sales AFTER the fact. The simple interface only asks for the product URL and your email address, so I punched in the URL for a book on my Amazon wish list. PriceProtectr correctly found today's price and sent me a confirmation email to let me know that they would let me know if the price went down anytime in the next 30 days.

As soon as I can think of something I want to buy, I'll try it out.

No comments: