Disclaimer

This blog contains some simple tips and advice from two regular guys. We're not accountants, financial advisors, or brokers, so follow, ignore, or discuss our ideas as you see fit.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Some Great Websites For Replacement Parts

Posted By Paul

For those of you who try to do your own repairs around the house, here are some great web pages I found:

AppliancePartsPros.com

RepairClinic.com

Both pages let you search for and purchase parts for various appliances. I was trying to find replacement wheels for my dishwasher rack and was able to find and purchase them no problem.

An added bonus is that both pages have pictures where the part is sitting on a 1 inch grid background so you can take a good look at it and make sure it's the right part.

Repair clinic even has a cool feature where you can search based on just the physical description of the part. They have a variety of search criteria that aren't based on knowing a part number, name or brand. For example you can do a search where you essentially say:

"I want to replace a part from a microwave that is between 2 and 3 inches long and is plastic and a single color."

I did the above search when I wanted to replace the part on my microwave that hooks into the motor and makes the turntable turn. Thanks to the page I found out that it's called a "turntable drive coupler", but I never would have guessed that. The above search gave me the part I needed and thanks to the photo I was able to confirm that it was the right size and it was exactly what I needed. It's great to have a page where you can find and order a part without even knowing what it's called or what it does.

I've used both pages and each time I got the correct part to replace the one that had broken.

A great resource when those mysterious but important parts on your appliances break and need to be replaced.

No comments: