Disclaimer

This blog contains some simple tips and advice from two regular guys. We're not accountants, financial advisors, or brokers, so follow, ignore, or discuss our ideas as you see fit.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Link: How to figure out the value of donations

Posted By Paul

I recently donated some old furniture and other items to a charity organization and I thought I would look into the possibility of taking a tax deduction on the donation.

I was immediately perplexed by what amount I should use for the various items. I vaguely remember what we paid for the items originally but I'm not sure what their fair price is now.

I did a little searching and found this great guide for the value of donated items. It's provided by the Salvation Army:

Salvation Army Donation Value Guide

I am going to try to keep track of all the various items we donate to charity and see how it affects my taxes this year.

No comments: