Disclaimer

This blog contains some simple tips and advice from two regular guys. We're not accountants, financial advisors, or brokers, so follow, ignore, or discuss our ideas as you see fit.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dear Craig, I give up

Posted by Matt

Brace yourself for a rant today, readers.

Have I ever complained about how many flakes I run into via Craiglist? After moving into our new house, we discovered that we had a few extra pieces of furniture and computing equipment. We've had some okay luck with posting on Craigslist in the past, but this has been a bad month. I've had several people respond to my ads and indicate that they would like to come buy the item for sale. I email them back, provide my phone number and never hear from them again.

Those are the easy ones.

The people who drive me nuts are the ones who tell me that they are on their way over, money in hand and then they never show up. I often have to go out of my way to hang around the house and wait for these people and then don't get so much as a phone call.

Okay, rant over. That's not solving anything, right?

So, I've got an alternative to offer you, at least if you are selling electronics. Check out http://www.secondrotation.com/ If you can locate what you're selling in the list of products they are buying, you just have to answer a few questions about its condition and they will then tell you what they are willing to pay for it. If you accept, they send you a shipping label (free shipping), you send the product in, they confirm it matches your claims and they send you a check.

Most of the items that I have to unload are not on SecondRotation's "wanted" list (they are mostly older), so I may have try the office bulletin board or just donate the items.

Any other suggestions from our readers?

No comments: