Disclaimer

This blog contains some simple tips and advice from two regular guys. We're not accountants, financial advisors, or brokers, so follow, ignore, or discuss our ideas as you see fit.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Emergency Fund

Posted By Paul

I've been thinking about my emergency fund recently. Specifically I have my emergency fund invested in:

-One share of Berkshire Hathaway B.
-Some fairly conservative mutual funds.
-A CD ladder
-An Internet Savings account.

I'm thinking that since my emergency fund is really more for having the money there in case of a rainy day, that I shouldn't worry too much about the returns. I'm thinking I might keep the Berkshire Hathaway share, CD ladder, and ISA, but ditch the mutual funds.

I was thinking of either starting a second CD ladder, or just putting the money into my savings account. The interest rate isn't exciting but perhaps for an emergency fund the safety is more important than the return on my investment.

Something for me to think about.

No comments: