Disclaimer

This blog contains some simple tips and advice from two regular guys. We're not accountants, financial advisors, or brokers, so follow, ignore, or discuss our ideas as you see fit.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Money in the mail

Posted by Matt

Just found another helpful tip in my local paper that will put money in my wife's pocket. In this article, readers are alerted that they may receive what appears to be junk mail, but is actually a claim form for a class action suit against some of the major credit card companies.

I was just curious when I read this, but then became excited when I found that my wife had received just such an envelope.
The suit refunds cardholders nationwide who were overcharged for foreign
transactions from Feb. 1, 1996, to Nov. 8, 2006.
If you receive a similar envelope, the deadline to file is May 30th.

1 comment:

Leah in Oregon said...

Update: I just submitted my form for the settlement I'm owed. The form I got in the mail gave me a couple of options: I could either fill out an inclosed form and mail it in, or do it online. I chose the online option and it took me all of 30 seconds. All I had to do was type in the refund ID number that was mailed to me, and all the other fields were automatically completed for me. Piece of cake! Now I just have to wait for my check to come in the mail. It's only $25, but hey...not bad for 30 seconds of work!